Roaster Barley Soup
Click here to return to the Soups, Stews And Chilis-Soups page
Recipe and photo used with permission by the National Chicken Council. For more chicken information and recipes visit www.nationalchickenmonth.com.
- 2 cups cut up cooked Roaster
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup quick cooking barley
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 box (9 or 10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- In Dutch oven or large pot, mix together Roaster meat, onion, celery, broth, water, barley and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables and cook an additional 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.